Application of steel constructions in construction and civil engineeringDimitrije Ostojic
Steel constructions are now commonly the first choice of engineers and architects when designing a wide range of facilities. From industrial to commercial purposes, the application of steel constructions is wide and it brings about numerous practical advantages.
The main reason why steel constructions are nowadays omnipresent in construction and civil engineering is the fact that they come in most varied shapes and sizes, while at the same time meeting the latest safety standards.
Assembling steel constructions requires a smaller number of workers, especially when working with prefabricated construction blocks that can be unloaded and assembled directly from the truck. Also, the use of steel constructions significantly accelerates the process of construction of facilities that are more lightweight and, therefore, require smaller foundations.
All in all, the advantages are numerous, especially in terms of saving time, human and financial resources. That is why steel constructions are the best solution for the following types of facilities:
- Industrial facilities: for this type of facilities, the most important factors are quick construction and solid construction frame, which is exactly what steel constructions provide
- Multi-storey facilities: for facilities with 20-30 storeys, it is necessary to provide sufficient stability of the construction, as well as resistance to the elements. Steel constructions are particularly suitable for this type of facilities due to their flexibility and endurance
- Residential buildings:for this type of facilities, we use a type of lightweight steel, which helps us achieve the maximal level of structural strength of the building. Steel constructions also provide durability of the facility.
- Garages: building garages with steel constructions provides significant savings in terms of time and money and it is also a great solution because it provides a balance between the construction and the weight of the vehicle
- Agricultural facilities: dairy factories, cold storages, kilns, silos, farms and all accompanying agricultural facilities can be built using steel constructions, because this material allows unique, yet functional solutions.
Steel constructions are deservingly the most dominant material in construction and civil engineering, because they provide safety, savings at various levels and a high quality of the final product. They also improve and accelerate the construction process, while end-users can enjoy long-term benefits.
You can find more information about the application of steel constructions on our website and we can help you with every step of the project, from the design and manufacturing to the executing of construction and installation works.
Complete the short questionnaire and schedule a free consultation session so that we can find the best solution for you.